Monday, July 5, 2010

Dailies: Blink

My friend and fellow MICA alum Alex D was telling me about his installation of gnomes in the upcoming Baltimore Artscape.  Gnomes are sort of cheesy/cute, but he was hoping to make them creepy/er. This reminded me of how I'm convinced those classical plaster casts in the Main Building Court move around at night when nobody's looking, which reminded me of the Dr. Who episode "Blink". I mentioned this to Alex, who had never heard of Dr. Who, much less this episode (my favorite), in which requisitely creepy statues called The Weeping Angels steal people's lives, feeding on lost time, and try to wreak this havoc on heroes Sally Sparrow and Larry Nightingale. The catch: The Weeping Angels can't move, as long as someone is looking at them, but if and when you blink, then...

2 comments: