Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dailies: "Multiplying Binomials"













So, in this dream, I'm in high school, which is an amalgam of all the schools I've ever gone to. There are hallways  and breezeways and staircases and walls of lockers.  The bell has just rung, and it hits me, that even though we're five weeks into the first six-week period, I haven't been to math class once since the first day of class.  How can that be? We have our eight classes every single day, so there's no way I could have forgotten, and as much as I hated math back then, I would NOT have skipped a day of class, much less 25 days of class. It takes me a while to locate my classroom and I sit down to a quiz on what I first thought was the quadratic equation, but now know to be the FOIL method of multiplying binomials and polynomials in Algebra 2.  I don't wake up immediately, but the dream seems so real, and seeps into my consciousness the next day until I realize: it's happened again

3 comments:

  1. Why do dreams are like that, no? You're doing things that you're not supposed to do. Maybe you really wanted to skip class then because you don't like Math very much, and maybe that's why you have hard time locating your classroom. Only my opinion.
    I have dreams like yours. Bewildered, mixed up dreams. I woke up very confuse...hmmm, just a dream, anyway.
    You think drawing your dreams lessen your stress?...I wish I could also draw my dreams that sometimes causes my stress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the action of drawing (in general) alleviates stress for me; but this particular drawing is funny, making light of the dream AFTER it happens. I was thinking about doing a more serious drawing (because when I'm in the dream, it ISN'T funny at all). My "serious" drawings tend to be in black and white. I'll post it here when I get around to it. I think you should definitely draw your dreams: they don't have to be finished pieces of work. Nobody else has to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really think so? Ok. I'll try to draw my dreams to atleast my stress be alleviate too. But forgive me, I can't show them to you. I draw like a kindergarten, sad to say :(
    I'll wait for you to post your "serious" drawings. I do want to see them.

    ReplyDelete